31 May 2011

PaathShaala


I watched Paathshaala today. I liked it despite the terrible acting and all the yelling giving me a headache. I decided to watch the movie because of Shahid Kapoor. He is a brilliant actor and dancer.


I love movies and stories like these. They touch my heart. It shows how much of education is left and commercialization taking its place.

Nana Patekar, no doubt one of the brilliant actors out there. I can say this without a doubt because he made me hate him like I have hated no other.

The kids actually did a pretty good job acting.

The teenagers however made me cringe. Not just one or two were bad but all of them.

This movie has managed to show what is going on with our education system where profit and money have become the main role and education thrown to the side. It is not the fault of our teachers or principles who are swept aside and forced along with this due to the people in higher places greed for money.

This shows the many ways used to make and squeeze money out of children and their families It shows schools management and the board of trustees pushing aside the kids emotional, physical and educational needs in order to increase profit.

One of the saddest thing it showed is that the high-tech schools that are like five star hotels actually get more attention and the prestige while the schools that actually value education and deserve the prestige are left behind. Even parents want their kids to go to the high-tech and known schools who are already using their children as commercialized goods. This forces other schools that actually value education have to step up and match them. The only way to do it is to push aside the education and focus more on other extra-curricular activities more. Extra-curricular activities are good but too much of them and for the reason to get more money is just atrocious.

It took on a controversial topic and brought it to the attention of the general public.

1 comment:

  1. It really seemed like a good story. I remember when the movie came out, this and dance pe chance, two shahid movies came and left without leaving any sort of mark.

    ReplyDelete