31 May 2011

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho

So I have gotten addicted to My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. I can understand why people were addicted to the show and its popularity. However, I am glad I am watching it now, so I don't have to go through the waiting a week for the episode.

I love the show which is weird.





I hate it when people act the way Shin Min Ah's character acts. I think she is the only one who could have pulled it off. She is so freaking adorable!!! No one else could have acted this part. This show made me like Lee Seung Ki. I couldn't help it. I did not like him at all in Shining Inheritance. I saw maybe a few episodes of that drama before losing interest. My Girlfriend is a Gumiho made me see what a wonderful actor he is. Needless to say, I love his voice and the song Losing my mind.

They are both so adorable and they made the show work and not make it seem as tacky as the script actually this. They make the cliches work. They also made fun of a lot of the stereotypical assumptions especially around females and destroyed them. I am gonna miss this couple and the woong-ah. I just want to hide her. It is very rare to find someone confident in the fact that they are pretty and not be selfish, arrogant and ignorant. She is very humble and down to earth. Shin Min Ah did a wonderful portrayal of that and brought the character to life without destroying it. Mi Ho is like a child in many ways but her feminine and mature side is never forgotten and brought up in many clever and witty ways.

No Min Woo, the pretty ex-TRAX drummer. I did not like him in this drama. I liked him better in Pasta. I felt his face was expressionless although that smirk and smile of his made it okay. It wasn't brilliant and he did an okay job. I would have wanted someone else rather than him but its maybe because he wasn't doing anything wrong in his point of view but still.

Hye In played by Park Soo Jin made me hate her so much. This is a commendable accomplishment of Park Soo Jin. I hated that character so much. What I didn't like was that she only acted like she liked Dae-wong when he was getting the role and going places and dropped him as soon as she found out about his health. She wasn't even worried about him but about how it made her look back. She is very selfish, arrogant, and self-absorbed. She was trying to get them to break up...why is she even trying??? She didn't care when she had him its like let him go.

All the awesome k-drama grandpa's were in here, so that was awesome. I wasn't a big fan of the aunt and director Ban couple or of Sun Nyeo. I actually found her very annoying! I liked Byung Soo, he was intelligent.

1 comment:

  1. of course I agree. I hadnt watched a good drama since pasta. This made me laugh and cry. Love shin Min Ah and Lee Seung ki.

    ReplyDelete